the present state of affairs in the world, the hysteria around an ephemeral substance named “a virus” create an extremely sad impression. The humanity is petrified with fear & goes on thinking only about the flesh & money. Spirit & Reason are mute, while they are the essential remedies to pass through this illusion of the Apocalipsis we are being persuaded by the Mass Media. Esteemed Readers, keep your Spirit awake!
In 1680s Jean-Baptiste Lully composed a set of wonderful spiritual compositions known as “Petit Motets”. I find Lully’s spiritual works profound, passionate & solemn. At the same time there is an incredible air of the Divine spreading through his tunes. Here I should pay your attention that the Faith was an essential part of mentality for all people of the 17th century. God reigned their lives & any event happened by His willing. So, they were zealous penitents….even Jean-Baptiste Lully whose spiritual art proves that fact. He was often divided between vices & Spirit, so his talent helped him to win the flesh.
I present your attention Dixit Dominus or Psalm 110/Salmo 110 & attach the text to ponder over in our not so dark days…yet:
- The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
- The LORD shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.
- Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.
- The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.
- The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath.
- He shall judge among the heathen, he shall fill the places with the dead bodies; he shall wound the heads over many countries.
- He shall drink of the brook in the way: therefore shall he lift up the head.
Gloria Patri! Vive le Roy! Vive la vie! 🙂