I offer you another 17th century riddle. At the end of the post I finally publish the right answer to the previous Sphinx’s riddle. Good luck!
- In Kings’ palace where luxury reigns any feast & game of the Court
- I may see beauties that burn love.
- The greatest give me place & everybody demands me.
- I’m elevated above all & my glory is so huge
- That I give shelter to immortal Gods.
- I’m guided with pomp day & night
- And I often shoe victims & givings.
- My soul is fire that devours my body
- Which may suffer gruesome efforts.
- My weeps & my life pass together with me.
- Oh, Human Race that reigns my force,
- Is it necessary to perish to serve you?
- If the payment for my labour
- Should be only my death?
REPLY to the riddle posted on June 3, 2017: A BUCKET. My congratulations to Rosaliene Bacchus. She has guessed it out! 😉 😉 😉